No Cheaters

Cheaters / Lamers List

View Thread
Team-=CoN=- Snipers » General Public » Tutorials
 Print Thread
Is your system running slow Part2
-=CoN=-ravager
2. Disable programs that run on startup

One reason your Windows PC may feel slow is that you’ve got too many programs running in the background and you do not need to start post of them every time. So programs that you rarely or never use are just slowing you down. Stop them from running, and your PC will run more smoothly.

HERE IS HOW YOU DO THAT

Task Manager (Windows 10)

Start by launching the Task Manager: Press Ctrl-Shift-Esc, right-click the lower-right corner of your screen and select Task Manager, or type task manager into the Windows 10 search box and press Enter. If the Task Manager launches as a compact app with no tabs, click “More details” at the bottom of your screen. The Task Manager will then appear in all of its full-tabbed glory. There's plenty you can do with it, but we're going to focus only on killing unnecessary programs that run at startup.

Click the Startup tab. You'll see a list of the programs and services that launch when you start Windows. Included in the list is each program's name as well as its publisher, whether it's enabled to run on startup, and its “Startup impact,” which is how much it slows down Windows 10 when the system starts up.

To stop a program or service from launching at startup, right-click it and select “Disable.” This doesn't disable the program entirely; it only prevents it from launching at startup — you can always run the application after launch. Also, if you later decide you want it to launch at startup, you can just return to this area of the Task Manager, right-click the application and select “Enable.”

System Configuration Utility (Windows 7)
Press Win-r. In the "Open:" field, type msconfig and press Enter .
Click the Startup tab.
Uncheck the items you do not want to launch on startup. Note: ...
When you have finished making your selections, click OK.
In the box that appears, click Restart to restart your computer.

Finally
Many of the programs and services that run on startup may be familiar to you, like OneDrive or Evernote. But you may not recognize many of them. The Task Manager helps you get information about unfamiliar programs. Right-click an item and select “Properties” for more information about it, including its location on your hard disk, whether it has a digital signature, and other information such as the version number, the file size and the last time it was modified. You can also right-click the item and select “Open file location.” That opens File Explorer and takes it to the folder where the file is located, which may give you another clue about the program’s purpose.
Finally, and most helpfully, you can select “Search online” after you right-click. Bing will then launch with links to sites with information about the program or service.
If you’re really nervous about one of the listed applications, you can go to a site run by Reason Software called Should I Block It? and search for the name of the file you see running. You’ll usually find very solid information about the program or service.
===================================

I twitter I

ISA 38:14 ( NASB )

https://www.gamet...1.89:7777/

www.gametracker.com/player/-%3DCoN%3D-ravager
Jump to Forum:

Login
Username

Password

Remember Me

Not A Member yet? Click here to register!

Forgot your password? Forgot your password?

Team Speak
teamspeak Hosting by TeamSpeak3.com

Game Tracker 2

Shoutbox
You must login to post a message.

12-04-2023 05:26 PM
Please welcome in my Son Ryan as RyDawg91

11-16-2023 04:51 PM
hi we still play every night

08-08-2023 08:05 PM
I just wanted to stop in to say HELLO Smile Cool Carrot

07-21-2023 04:59 PM
Whats up folks? What happened to Lady_Widow, says she's former member.

04-24-2023 11:24 PM
I'm carrying a smoll baby future player in my womb. lol

01-27-2023 04:48 PM
Hi All, love to play again been tied up with interstate work for long periods need some practice see u all soon. Gun Hi

05-27-2022 10:03 PM
So what's everybody up to

02-16-2022 04:57 PM
All, I have started advertising our website and servers on UT forums through FB... Let's start playing again on our servers to start recruiting!!! Pet

02-03-2022 08:23 PM
hey super doing good and u!!

02-02-2022 11:07 PM
Wanted to jump on and check in on all you peeps! Hope you're all doing well! Grin

-=CoN=- Affiliates

c-opsclan.com

LAGG

Link to us
teamconsnipers.com